The Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA) Branches provide a regional presence of PACFA and consist of individual PACFA members in that geographic area. Branch membership is open to individual members of PACFA.
Where there is demand, the PACFA Council may also establish more than one Branch in a state or territory to meet the needs of members in those areas.
Individual PACFA members can join the branch in their state or territory. If there is no branch in your state or territory, PACFA will direct you to local professional development and networking opportunities offered by PACFA Member Associations in your area.
Role of Branches
PACFA Branches may:
- Undertake local outreach
- Provide continuing professional development
- Provide opportunities for networking and peer support
- Promote PACFA to local education providers and students
- Build a vibrant community of practitioners in a particular geographic area
- Provide opportunities for practitioners in regional and rural areas to participate