Upgrade from Certified Practising to Clinical membership
To upgrade, you must have met the following requirements:
- You have graduated two or more years ago;
- You have completed 750 client hours since graduating;
- You have completed 75 hours of supervision since graduating.
- At least 50% of the minimum requirement for supervision must be met by individual supervision.
These hours must be completed over a minimum of two years, but can be completed over a longer period of time. You can apply to upgrade at any time of year - this does not need to be done with your renewal.
Evidence required to upgrade:
- Evidence of your post-graduating client contact and supervision hours using PACFA's supervision and client contact verification form, or provide a letter on letterhead from your supervisor/s, confirming the number of hours. These hours must be signed off by both you and your supervisor(s) (one form per supervisor). The hours logged in the PACFA member portal are not sufficient to upgrade, as we require the signature of your supervisor to process your upgrade. Once you have filled in the form(s), please complete the Upgrade Application Form, and upload the document as one PDF or Zip file.
- If you belong to a PACFA Member Association, your upgrade application also requires endorsement by your Member Association.
It can take up to 4-6 weeks to process upgrade applications. Unfortunately, we cannot expedite applications.
Upgrades submitted between May and July each year will be delayed due to the membership renewals process. For a timely response to your upgrade application, we advise applying outside of these months.
Upgrade Application Form
Upgrade from Student to Certified Practising membership
If you are a student member looking to become a Certified Practising member, you will need to apply for Certified Practising membership and send us through copies of the required documents. You will also be eligible for a New Graduate discount.