Certified Practising membership
- Accredited training track: For eligible graduates who have successfully completed a PACFA-accredited course,
- General track: For eligible graduates who have completed a non-accredited course that meets the below eligibility criteria and Registration Standard - Certified Practising
- Overseas Training Track: For eligible graduates with Overseas Qualifications and a successful outcome letter from VETASSES.
- For current PACFA Non-Practising members who have completed their course (required to pay only the compulsory fees.)
- Recognition of prior learning (RPL track) : Currently under review
Before completing your application for Certified Practising Membership, read the below eligibility criteria and Registration Standard - Certified Practising .,
- Your course must be equivalent to a Bachelor degree or higher;
- Your study must have taken you 2 or more years (part or full-time study is accepted);
- Within your course, there must be a minimum of 400 hours of learning (ie. lectures, tutorials, workshops) specifically in counselling/psychotherapy;
- of these 400 hours, 140 hours must be face-to-face and in person
- Additionally, within the course there must be a placement with a minimum of 40 hours of client contact, and 10 hours of supervision attached to this client contact.
Documents Required to Submit your Certified Practising Membership Application
- Certified* copy of your transcript
- Certified* copy of your qualification certificate (also known as a Testamur)
- Copy of current insurance (only required if not applying for the PACFA Insurance)
- National Police Check dated no earlier than 3 months prior to the application
- Working With Children’s Check (if applicable)
- Two certified Proof of identity documents
- Evidence that your course meets the PACFA Training Standards( Not Required for Applicants who have completed PACFA Accredited Courses or with a VETASSESS outcome letter.)
For further information read Application Checklist
Compile the documents listed in the Application checklist in one single PDF or zip folder. Please also have a credit card for payment at hand to complete the application.
Recently completed your course? You may be eligible for Certified Practising New Graduate membership. Certified Practising New Graduate members receive all the benefits of being a Certified Practising member - but at a 25% discount for the first year. You don't have to do anything to get the discount. Once your application has been approved, you will receive a Join-form with the reduced rate.
PLEASE NOTE: You will be asked to log in/create an account before you are able to complete the below application form. The application automatically saves so you are able to return to it later if you need to pause. The application fee is non-refundable.
For assistance with your application please contact the PACFA office at [email protected].
Processing times for Clinical, Certified Practising Counsellor, and Academic applications can take up to 6-8 weeks.