Applications from eligible PACFA Members and Registrants to become recognised Providers for Medibank and ahm must be made using the Online Application Form. All new applicants must meet the eligibility criteria so please check that you are eligible before applying.
From 10th October 2020, all new applicants for registration with Medibank and ahm as a recognised Counselling provider must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Providers must have completed an (AQF level 7) Bachelor’s Degree or an (AQF level 9) Master’s Degree in Counselling/Psychotherapy or have been assessed as having completed an equivalent overseas Bachelor or Masters’ qualification; and must also have a minimum of 750 hours of supervised client contact.
- Providers must hold current Professional Indemnity Insurance of $1,000,000 minimum, per claim.
- The professional indemnity insurance policy must cover each practice location and each modality.
The provider must also be in possession of a current First Aid Certificate.
Medibank and ahm benefits are available for counselling consultations that occur on or after 15 October 2020.
Medibank members whose Extras products include Mental health support can claim a benefit for counselling consultations with Medibank recognised Providers, that have occurred on or after this date, up to their annual limit.
ahm members whose Extras products include Psychology and Counselling can claim a benefit for Counselling consultations with an ahm recognised Provider, that has occurred on or after this date, up to their annual limit.
Medibank and ahm Extras products
To find out if a Medibank member can claim benefits towards Counselling, they should refer to their Cover Summary which is available on My Medibank App on their phone or by logging into the Members area on the Medibank website. If their extras cover includes ‘mental health support’ then they can claim a benefit for counselling up to the annual limit.
To find out if an ahm member can claim benefits towards Counselling, they should refer to their Product Guide which is available on the ahm website. If their extras cover includes ‘Psychology and Counselling’ then they can claim a benefit up to their annual limit.
Please see the FAQs for details of the Medibank and ahm Extras products that currently provide benefits for counselling.
For further information see the FAQs including:
- Which clients can access benefits for counselling consultations
- What benefits will members get
- Item numbers
- Telehealth item numbers
- Invoicing requirements