PACFA’s colleges offer members the opportunity to network with others who share their professional interests, as well as host events, conduct research, and advocate for the profession.
Our Colleges are:
Individual PACFA membership includes membership of one PACFA College of the member’s choice (but some colleges have membership requirements). Members may join additional Colleges for a small annual fee.
PACFA Registrants who belong to a PACFA Member Association are eligible to join PACFA Colleges for a small annual fee.
For College membership fees, see the Schedule of Fees.
Membership of some Colleges requires members to meet additional membership requirements over and above the PACFA membership requirements:
Role of PACFA Colleges
PACFA Colleges may:
- Develop and promote practice standards and guidelines
- Sponsor and foster research
- Promote the work and professional identity of members who meet the College’s admission standards
- Provide continuing professional development
- Provide opportunities for networking and peer support
- Produce journals and other professional resources
Forming PACFA Colleges
To establish a College, it must meet the following criteria:
- The College’s admission standards are equal to or higher than PACFA’s professional standards
- There is a body of literature that supports the College’s modality or other area of shared professional interest
- Members of the College are in good standing with the profession and have established links within PACFA
- Members of the College Leadership Team are eligible for clinical membership of the College
- The application explains how the College’s membership numbers are sufficient to be viable and effective as a College and identifies opportunities for membership growth
- The College’s purpose and activities align with PACFA’s constitutional objectives and the College is not established as an alumni association for a single training program
- The College has an annual plan of activities
For information about forming a new PACFA College, please contact the CEO via [email protected]