The Australian College of Relationship Counsellors (ACRC) is a division of the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation (PACFA), dedicated to advancing the practice of relationship counselling in Australia. The ACRC and PACFA raise awareness in the community of the benefits of relationship counselling, provide representation, support, guidance, professional standards and development for those who practice as relationship counsellors.
The ACRC have developed several resources for members of the public seeking relationship counselling, including how to choose a relationship counsellor, and FAQs.
A Leadership Group has been established to lead the College and to plan activities for members. Contact the ACRC Leadership Group: [email protected]
- Providing resources to the community about relationship issues and relationship counselling and psychotherapy
- Building a vibrant community of practitioners who identify as relationship counsellors and psychotherapists
- Developing and promoting practice standards and guidelines
- Sponsoring and fostering research
- Providing continuing professional development opportunities for all practitioners, including those in regional and rural areas
- Providing opportunities for networking and peer support
How to Join the Australian College of Relationship Counsellors
There are two pathways to membership of the Australian College of Relationship Counsellors:
1. Join PACFA as an individual member and select the Australian College of Relationship Counsellors as your preferred College
Individual PACFA membership includes membership of one college, so no additional fee is required
2. Join a PACFA Member Association and then join the College
There is an annual membership fee of $85 (inc. GST)
Your level of membership within the College will depend on the training and supervised practice you have completed.
For information on the membership requirements for the different level of College membership, please see the Australian College of Relationship Counselling Membership Requirements. For a step by step guide on how to become a practising member of the Australian College of Relationship Counsellors please see this application process.
Contact: [email protected]