OFFICIAL GOTTMAN METHOD COUPLES THERAPY – LEVEL 3 TRAINING
Complete your Gottman training journey with Australia's only Gottman Master Trainers, Trish Purnell-Webb and John Flanagan. Relationship Institute Australasia is the lead agency in Australia in Gottman training and therapist certification. Through videotaped cases of real couples, hands-on role plays, demonstrations of assessments and interventions, and nuanced discussion of technique, the Level 3 Training significantly expands your understanding of when and how to use Gottman Method strategies.
The workshop will be facilitated by Trish Purnell-Webb and John Flanagan, both Certified Gottman Marital Therapists, Master Trainers and Consultants. They will demonstrate an assessment or intervention session appropriate for each couple’s struggle as role-played by audience volunteers. These demonstrations represent the true resistances and co-morbidities we face as therapists and how we can transform them into effective healing methods for the couple.
Following each demonstration, you will have the chance to practice and refine your use of Gottman Method Couples Therapy through participation in role-plays, demonstrations and discussions in a small group setting. Trish and John will observe each group and offer practical tips and technical refinements for each therapist. No criticism or negative judgment is allowed. Rather, efforts are made to create safety and security for all therapists present in an environment free of criticism and negative judgment.
After each role-play session, Trish & John will lead discussions that include case consultations and nuanced details of the techniques previously demonstrated and provide guidance in developing a roadmap for clinical decisions.
There is no better way to learn how to apply the Gottman Method than this workshop.
- You must be a Master’s or doctoral degree student in a graduate program within a mental health-related field (with professional supervision),
- OR a Conditionally Registered Psychologist;
- OR a Social Worker moving towards mental health accreditation;
- OR a Counsellor moving towards Level 4 membership with ACA;
- OR a Clinical Member of PACFA,
- OR a Registered Psychologist with or without endorsement;
- Completed Level 1 Training
- Completed Level 2 Training
HIghly Recommended Pre-requisites to get the most out of this training:
- A minimum of 500 hours of post graduate therapy experience (individual or couples/family) under supervision; (PLEASE NOTE: To apply for certification you MUST have completed a minimum of 1000 post graduate (i.e. post full registration or membership to the above associations) clinical hours with either individuals or couples/family;
- 50 hours of couples therapy using Gottman Method Couples Therapy is highly recommended.
At the end of this workshop participants will understand how to:
- Effectively use the Oral History Interview during a couple’s assessment and understand its implications
- Clearly explain to a couple their strengths and challenges in terms of the “Sound Relationship House”
- Help partners identify their own “Four Horsemen” and understand the antidotes
- Select and utilize appropriate tools to help a couple deepen their “Friendship System”
- Clarify a couple’s conflicts in terms of solvable, perpetual, and grid-locked problems
- Use the “Dreams Within Conflict” technique to help a couple feel hopeful and to achieve break-through with their perpetual conflict
- Successfully intervene when one or both partners are flooding
- Help a couple reach solutions using the Compromise Ovals intervention
- Sensitively intervene when co-morbidities are present
In a small-group setting, you will have the opportunity to practice and refine your use of Gottman Method therapy and receive personalized guidance in developing a roadmap for making sound clinical decisions.
The Level 3 Training content represents the true resistances and co-morbidities we face as therapists and how we can transform them into effective healing methods for the couple.
The workshop is structured to help create a safe and secure environment so participants can learn and practice while feeling free of criticism and negative judgment.
When you register at Relationship Institute Australasia, you also join the growing number of practicing Gottman Therapists in this country to support your ongoing development and learning.
Upon completion you will receive the Gottman Method Couples Therapy Level 3 Training Certificate of Completion and the opportunity to continue to Certification.
This event counts as 20 hours of category A CPD for PACFA’s membership renewal requirements.
Where: LIVE via ZOOM and Face to Face When: Various dates available
Organisation – Relationship Institute Australasia
For more information – PLEASE CLICK HERE TO GO TO WEBSITE