Introduction to Gestalt Therapy
Centre for Integrated Trauma Therapy
Facilitators: Tamika Dwight-Scott and Brenda Tanner
Please note this course is now a blended course: 2 days online and 3 days face to face at Matcham.
Blended Learning - 10 & 11th online / 12 - 14th at Matcham
Introduction to working with Gestalt therapy
On this introductory program you will learn how to work experientially with your client to support them become:
1. more aware of how their history can impact the ‘now’
2. how their negative thought patterns and behaviours block true self-awareness
3. considered how their reactions may be adversely impacting their lives
4. have awareness of Gestalt as an holistic therapy, which focuses on the connection between the mind, body, and soul.
On completion of this 5-day introductory program, participants will have skills and knowledge to:
1. Understand and apply the basic principles of Gestalt
2. Work creatively with clients figures and patterns
3, Understand and apply the use of metaphor and imagery techniques
4. Support the client to work with their embodied responses
5. To work experientially with polarities
6. To incorporate the use of experiment and field theory
7. To work phenomenologically with the client
Participation in this program provides CPD Points, as well as Supervision, by way of group discussion – offering immediate feedback on any work done as part of the training. This not only increases confidence, but allows you to hone and improve your techniques.
About the presenters
Tamika Dwight-Scott - Masters Gestalt therapy, Adv Dip GT, Adv Dip App Soc Sc, Clinical Resource therapist and trainer, Dip Hypnotherapy, Clinical member PACFA and AHA, Work Cover accredited therapist.
Brenda Tanner - Grad Cert Gestalt therapy, Dip Equine Assisted Psychotherapy, Clinical Resource Therapist, Diploma in Training and Development. Specialties: Equine Assisted Therapy/Learning, Couples Coaching, Change Management, Life Coaching.
This event counts as 20 hours of category A CPD for PACFA’s membership renewal requirements.
To book a place please go to the website.