Working with Trauma Practitioner Training
Centre for Integrated Trauma Therapy
Facilitators: Tamika Dwight-Scott and Brenda Tanner
Working with Trauma - Integrated training for practitioners, counsellors, allied health workers and therapists
On completion of the Program participants will have:
1. Appreciation of Trauma presentation
2. Understanding the neurobiology of trauma and how trauma effects the brain
3. Strategies for helping a client to remain regulated
4. Introduction to delivering an integrated approach- applying Gestalt and Somatic approaches to working with trauma.
5. Skills on how to overcome challenges when working with clients who have experienced trauma
6. Importance of Neuroplasticity
7. Treatment interventions – What and when
8. Post Traumatic Growth through Positive Psychology
9. Case studies
10. Group supervision
This 5 day training offers approved CPD Points and Group Supervision.
About the presenters
Tamika Dwight-Scott - Masters Gestalt therapy, Adv Dip GT, Adv Dip App Soc Sc, Clinical Resource therapist and trainer, Dip Hypnotherapy, Clinical member PACFA and AHA, Work Cover accredited therapist.
Brenda Tanner - Grad Cert Gestalt therapy, Dip Equine Assisted Psychotherapy, Clinical Resource Therapist, Diploma in Training and Development. Specialties: Equine Assisted Therapy/Learning, Couples Coaching, Change Management, Life Coaching.
To register the course, please go to their website.
This event counts as 20 hours of category A CPD for PACFA’s membership renewal requirements.